Minister of Culture and Tourism

Minister of Culture and Tourism Jero Wacik said the Balibo film has been banned by the Film Censorship Institution to play in Indonesia. So there should not be screening the film.

As is known, has been banned film Balibo Jiffest played in 2009, but the community has held Utan Kayu Balibo film screenings on Thursday, December 3, 2009. Balibo film audiences in the Utan Kayu is booming, to be played 2 sessions. The plan is to play movies in Theater Salihara on December 11, 2009.

When asked about screening of the film, Jero Wacik said that the film should be banned. The police must act. “The police should be proactive, LSF has banned the film,” he told VIVAnews on the sidelines of the National Leadership Meeting of the Democratic Party in Jakarta Convention Center, Sunday, October 6, 2009.

Even when asked whether the ban also applies to student discussions, Jero Wacik still think that the film is banned playing. According to the film Balibo was wounded pride of the nation. In the film is told that 5 journalists were killed by deliberately shot by Indonesian National Army. According to the government, at that time there is chaos, there Fretilin, tribal warfare, and military victims.

“It’s polluting the military, state, and it did not fit his version of Australian producers. While we are in East Timor have also agreed in the Commission of Truth and Friendship that the government of Indonesia and Timor Lester to not look and leave the
ago, “he said.

He refused to ban the film assuming it is a setback for democracy. According to the state interests and the highest priority, although mengorbakan group of people or democracy itself. “All must yield to state interests,” he said.

“Balibo Five” telling the killing of five Australian journalists in East Timor (now Timor Leste) in 1975. The film was released in Australia earlier this year, just a week before the Australian Police (AFP) announced it would reopen the case of alleged cases of war crimes on August 20, 2009.

According to Australia, Gary Cunningham, Malcolm Rennie, Greg Shackleton, Tony Stewart, and Brian Peters allegedly executed by military special forces in October 1975. The goal, so they do not broadcast the details of the Indonesian invasion of East Timor.

In contrast, for Indonesia Balibo case has been completed. The government long ago have declared no murders, five journalists were killed in a shootout between the TNI and East Timor prokemerdekaan soldiers. Balibo case, for Indonesia, has been closed.

1 Comment »

  1. […] Mike Lewis is the ‘third man’ in the household and Teuku Tamara Blezynski Joey? “Absolutely not, I am not a person like that,” he said firmly when found in a sports-themed event at Djakarta […]

RSS feed for comments on this post · TrackBack URI

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: